Photobucket

Thursday, June 14, 2007

The Dog Barks at Midnight!

The past few days I've been doing a lot of preparation for Girl's Camp in two weeks. It's been so much fun. Somehow I got recruited by the girls as their co-conspirator in planning lots of pranks. I don't mind one bit--that's my specialty and my favorite thing about camp. So, about a week ago, I got a call from some of the girls at about 10:30 pm to see if they could come over and discuss some of our secret plans. Since my kids had just gone down for bed, I went over to their house instead. We discussed some plans and we've been spending the past few evenings building "Herb"--a paper-mache dummy that we're taking with us to scare people. I don't necessarily think that placing a paper mache dummy outside people's cabin windows is the best prank in the world, but we're sure having fun building him. I don't think the girl's really even care how successful the pranks are, they just have fun talking about them and planning them. I think mostly they just like hanging out. So, we've been paper mache-ing different body parts and then hopefully once we attach them and put clothes on him, he'll actually somewhat resemble a person. I suggested that we stuff him with candy so that we can have a giant pinata after we're finished scaring people with him. :)
Anyway, a few nights ago, I suggested that we have a code phrase for when we are meeting together to work on pranks. So, I suggested "The dog barks at midnight". So, now I have girls passing by my house yelling, "the dog barks at 9:30" meaning there is a meeting at 9:30 or phone calls saying, "The dog is barking, the dog is barking" so I know to go over right then.
I'm really having so much fun with these girls. They are great. They've been helping me with all the other preparations that I'm in charge of--writing the song, doing the decorations, etc. I can't wait for camp. I know we'll have a blast and make tons of fun memories.

No comments: