Photobucket

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Celebrating Haley

I want to attempt to write about some of my feelings for my precious little girl. I cannot even begin to express how blessed I am to have Haley in my life. She is full of passion and energy. She does everything with conviction. She has such a great imagination and a big a heart. It's so much fun just observing her. She really is one of the funniest people I know. She is strong-willed and determined and independent. She wants to do things her way. But, she also has a very sweet, grateful heart. Lately, whenever we tell her about something we are going to be doing, even if it's something small, she gets so excited, gives me a hug and a kiss and says "Thank you, Mommy". She says, "I love you" all the time and it just melts my heart. Another phrase she says quite often is, "I'm so exciting!" instead of excited. It's so cute and she says it with such emotion while jumping up and down.

It's been really hard for me to have to work this year and not get to spend everyday playing with her. She's a morning person, just like me, so we get to spend some alone time each morning while the boys are still asleep. But, that makes it harder for me to leave. She tries to block the door every morning and hangs on me saying, "I want you to want me" (We have that song on our itunes and we always sing it and dance around to it). It's so cute when she says it but it makes it that much harder for me to leave everyday.

I think back to when I was waiting for Haley to come. She was a week late and I didn't think she would ever come. Now I can't imagine life without her. I was looking through my journal, reading some things about right before Haley came. I found a poem that I wrote 3 days before she was born. Here it is:

Waiting
and
waiting
and
waiting
there's no distraction good enough
to take my mind off of what
I want most
to see my child
hold her in my arms
touch her face
look into her eyes
and be in heaven for an instant.

I still love to hold her in my arms, touch her face, and look into her eyes. And I'm always in heaven when I am with her.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: