Photobucket

Saturday, June 07, 2008

Rainy Days

So, it's been raining a lot around here lately. Like everyday. I love it, but I'm also ready for it to stop so we can go swimming everyday. Yesterday when I was walking home at lunch time, I think it rained more in that 10 minutes than it does in Utah in a year. And I'm not exaggerating. I got home pretty much soaked and I was using an umbrella the whole time. Later in the day, we went to Shiqiao to catch the bus to the airport and the streets were floods. It was really fun watching. All the people walking had their pants rolled up and they were carrying their shoes and socks as they waded through the streets which were now rivers. It was fun to watch the cars, buses, motorcyles, and bicycles all try to get through the water. Shop owners were frantically squeegeeing the water from the sidewalks trying to keep it out of their stores. We saw a restaurant that couldn't keep the water out and it was almost up to the level of the tables. It was kind of fun being able to watch it all. Mostly I guess because we didn't have to be out in it and we were being driven rather than doing the driving and because we knew we were leaving town for a place with better weather.
Now we are in Beijing and the weather is perfect. It's 70's-80's, not so sticky and hot, but we can see the sun and it hasn't rained at all. Life is good.

1 comment:

dlkenney said...

It has been extra wet here lately. It is hard to believe it is June when it is still snowing in the mountains and raining every other day in town. The temps have been averaging around 60 degrees at the high. I am loving the cool air, but I would really like to be able to go camping and enjoy the summer break.