Photobucket

Friday, February 06, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Yesterday did not turn out the way I had planned, but thanks to my family, it was still a great day.

Britton woke up, burning up with fever and with a sore throat and a cough. I knew he was too sick to go to school. I had quite a few things planned throughout the day that I was really looking forward to, but I knew I would have to cancel some of them to take care of Britton.

Britton asked if he could have a blessing, so we called my dad to help Jason give it. My dad was here in just a few minutes. It's so great that he's always willing to come over at a minutes notice. Thanks Dad!

Jason volunteered to go a little bit late to work so that I could go to my aerobics class. It's not really a class. A friend of mine who lives around the block has a dance studio in her house, so we've been getting together to do my Turbo Jam DVDs. We decided it would be really fun to have a group get together once a week, so yesterday was our first day with the group and I really didn't want to miss it. Thanks Jason!

In the afternoon, Haley had dance class. I really didn't want to make her miss it. When she got up in the morning, she immediately put her leotard and tights on. Several hours before she asked me if she could go. When I told her it didn't start for 2 1/2 hours, she said, "We can just wait in the waiting room." Needless to say, she was more than a little excited for it. So, I called my mom and she was more than willing to take Haley so that I could stay home to take care of Britton. Then, she took Haley over to her house to play for the rest of the day and I was able to just snuggle with Britton and take a nap with him. Thanks Mom!

In the evening, we had planned to have my mom watch the kids so we could go to parent/teacher conferences and then to our ward temple night. I wasn't sure if my mom would still want to knowing that Britton was sick, but she didn't mind at all. It was so great getting to go to the temple. We have been so busy lately and Jason and I rarely have anytime to spend together. It was so nice to be together in such a peaceful place. Thanks again Mom!

While we were at the temple, Jon and Mijoung offered to take Haley swimming with them. She was so happy and had such a good time. She ended up having such a fun day because of all the things people took her to do. Thanks Jon and Mijoung!

I am so glad that we have so much family nearby and that they are always happy and willing to help. What a blessing!

2 comments:

Desiree said...

Great family! I am going to start posting on our old fitness blog when I do any running towards the Seattle run.

sunsetandcamden said...

Oh cool. I'll have to check out the fitness blog every once in a while. Did you talk to Amber about the race since we talked?