Photobucket

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Procrastination=Major Stress

Jason has one more week to finish up his classes for this term. And, as usual, he's saved the bulk of the work for the very end. So, this past week he has been studying and taking tests, doing assignments, writing papers, etc. non-stop. There are lots of benefits to online classes, but this is not one of them. I think it stresses me out more than him. I try to plan to be gone with the kids the majority of each day so that he won't be distracted. And then when I'm home, I try to read his Psychology text so that I can teach him the stuff and research everything for his papers. It doesn't seem fair because I really enjoy this kind of stuff and he really hates it. I even find myself reviewing his aviation things (which I know nothing about) in my head as I go jogging each morning. I don't even know what the terminology means, but I remember all the stuff from quizzing him on it, so my brain automatically reviews it when I 'm not thinking about anything. Also, it stresses me out because I really have no control over it. So, if he takes a break or does other things, I just get really mad that he's not spending every waking second on it. It's hard for me to just sit back and watch him and let him do it his way. And he doesn't seem to fully appreciate all my helpful suggestions and reminders of the importance of all of this. I try to explain that I'm trying to help motivate not put added pressure on him, but he's not really buying that.
I'm not looking forward to this next week since it all has to be done by Friday. Luckily, he only has a few small assignments and 2 tests left. Unfortunately, one of the two tests is the written exam for his instrument rating, so he HAS to pass it in order to move forward in his career. So, the bulk of the week will be me staying away with the kids so he can just study like crazy.

1 comment:

Madame said...

Great, come and play with me all day on Wednesday!