Photobucket

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Grandma's Viewing and Funeral



My grandma's viewing and funeral both went really well. I'm just going to write a few things about them.

Friday night, after we got home from the viewing, I thanked my kids for being so good the whole time because it was a really special night for me. Britton looked at me and said, "It was a really special night for all of us."

After the family prayer, we got to go up and look at my grandma one last time before they closed the casket. As we stepped aside and they closed the casket, Haley started crying and screaming, "I want to see Great-Grandma! I want to see Great-Grandma!" It just broke my heart. She continued saying it as we were walking into the funeral, so Jason missed the beginning as he was trying to calm her down. Then when they came in, everytime she spotted the casket, she would start crying again.

My siblings and I all gave brief talks just about our favorites memories. It turned out to be so good. I got choked up from my sister's talk right before me, so I started mine already choked up which is never a good thing. So for my talk, I was far less composed than I would have wanted to be. But, it still turned out okay.

After the funeral, a lot of people came up to say what a nice tribute it was and there were so many people who said, "I need to be a better grandma" or "Now I have ideas of things to do with my grandkids". I think she would have been happy to be a good example to all these people.

As we drove to the cemetery, Jason and I were just talking and reminiscing and Jason said, "She was the ultimate grandma". And it's true. With my dad being an only child and us being the only grandkids, we were really spoiled by her. I feel very privileged and bless to be her granddaughter.

No comments: