Photobucket

Monday, December 03, 2007

Something I Thought I'd Never Have To Say in my Class

"Girls, put away your knitting or I'll have to take it away!"

Almost all my grade 7 students are infatuated with knitting right now. They all keep their knitting supplies in their desks and try to sneak in knitting while we are doing other things. They all show off their handiwork by wearing the scarves they have just made. (Even though it's 75 degrees outside!--I love Decembers here!)

As a fellow knitter, it's hard for me to even care if they are knitting instead of doing their assignments. But, to be fair, I have to keep them on task just as much as I do to all the rubiks cube players, cellphone texters, and PSP addicts.

Yesterday I was asking some of the girls where they get their yarn and other supplies. They were trying to explain but didn't know the name of the store in English. So, after lunch, one of the girls brought me some yarn and knitting needles. How nice! Too bad we can't just sit and knit all class period!

I started making a scarf for Haley as soon as I got home. I'll take pictures when I'm finished.

1 comment:

Desiree said...

I'm still horrible at knitting. Maybe when we come to see you you can teach Nate and he can remember and teach me each time I forget!