Photobucket

Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Yesterday

Yesterday was a messy day. I nearly broke all of my New Year's Resolutions. And it was only January 5. It was one of those days.

However, there were some good moments and that is what I want to remember.

We went to the Rec Center as a family, something my kids have been begging to do lately and I keep putting them off. Monday night I had planned on going, but then put them off again and PROMISED we would go on Tuesday. Tuesday came around and all I wanted to do was sleep. Jason even offered to take them alone and let me sleep, but I felt guilty about that, so I went. And I'm glad I did. We had such a good time. It's been a while since we have all gone there together. Here are some of the highlights:

*Haley getting soooo excited whenever she would make a basket. Sometimes she wouldn't even make it, but it sort of looked like she did, and she would still get all excited.

*Britton surfing on Jason's back in the pool. This has got to be one of my very favorite things to watch. Jason swims underwater and Britton balances standing up on his back like he is surfing. And it looks like Britton is just gliding on top of the water. They have gotten really good and can go the whole length of the pool. This time Jason even made it a little turbulent to see if Britton could keep his balance. He's really good. And I love watching all the other people at the pool stop to watch them. Haley and I even sang "Surfin USA" just to cheer them on. Good times.

*Watching Britton back float across the pool singing "I believe I can fly" REALLY loud. Hilarious.

*All the funny things Haley says while we're in the locker room changing. Her observations are priceless.

No comments: