Photobucket

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Me Lately

I'm starting to really get excited for this new baby. (I think we finally decided on a name.)

I'm reading The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks and loving it.

I'm enjoying cooking and cleaning lately (WEIRD!)

I'm re-reading the Old Testament and it makes me think A LOT.

I'm loving learning about the stock market with Britton and we just started a new investment strategy on our game and it's going really well.  I may be a bit obsessed, checking our stocks all throughout the day. 

I'm embracing the slow pace of our lives these days.  I know it won't always be this way, so I'm trying to enjoy the fact that most days I don't have anywhere I have to be or anything I have to do except spend time with my kids.  It's glorious really.

I'm grateful for my in-laws and the time they just spent visiting us.  And looking forward to when my mom gets here for a visit in a couple weeks. 

I'm appreciating the times when my kids play well together.  They love playing "survival" games.  They just built a hammock in Haley's room and take turns pretending they are out in the wild. 

I'm soaking in the good weather that just arrived today.  We've had a cold spell the last week or so.  Today was shorts and t-shirts weather and it will be in the 80's by the weekend. 

I'm doing a Facebook fast this month and it is so nice.  Maybe it will be a permanent thing. 

I'm dreaming about buying a house so that we can stop renting here. 

I'm looking forward to Valentine's Day tomorrow.  We are starting a new tradition going on a fancy family date.

I'm thankful for the abundance of work that Jason has right now.  He works so hard and is great at what he does.  


No comments: