Photobucket

Thursday, February 27, 2014

This girl

When did this girl get so grown up?  She will turn 10 a week from today.  I really don't want her birthday to be overshadowed by the new baby.  10 is a big one.  Double digits. 
I was thinking back to when Haley was the youngest for so long.  For 7 years she reigned as the youngest child! For a long time, we thought that she would always be the youngest.  And now, we have Lily and I'm a day away from having another little girl.  Things are definitely different than we would have guessed back then.  But, so wonderful. 
It's so fun seeing Haley be such a good big sister.  She and Lily really have a special bond.  They love each other so much.  Lately, Haley has been planning "school" for Lily and she will keep her busy and engaged for 2-3 hours at a time.  It is so fun to watch them together.  They are so lucky to have each other and to soon have another little girl to play with. 
I am so blessed to be Haley's mother.  She teaches me and inspires me and pushes me to be better.  She is stubborn and strong-willed, but sweet and helpful at the same time.  She's always trying to do the right thing and take care of everyone.  I love her so much and hope she has the best birthday ever.





No comments: