Photobucket

Monday, January 23, 2006

Be a Kid Again

In a book that gives suggestions on how to change your life, one of the tips was to "Do some child like play this week". I glanced over the list of suggested activities and was amazed to see that I do almost all of them on a regular basis. I guess having kids really does keep you young, or at least keeps you doing child like things.
The list included the following:
Draw with pastels; Eat with you fingers; Play with play doh; Look at grass, sticks, pinecones, rocks; Dance; Get dirty; Color; Look for four leaf clovers; Hula hoop; Talk to a dog; Get a temporary tatoo; Play musical chairs; Get your face painted; Sleep with a stuffed animal; Have a watermelon spitting contest; Paint someone's toenails; Mimic your cat
I was trying to find at least one thing on the list that wasn't a regular occurrence for me, so that I could try to enrich my life this week by doing it. But, I guess if the idea is to do something different and expand yourself, then maybe I should be trying to find some adult activity to do this week instead. Too bad I can't remember what it is that adults do.

No comments: