Photobucket

Friday, January 27, 2006

Get Up and Dance

One of my very favorite things to do with my kids is to dance. I turn up the music really loud, and they both just go crazy. And we laugh and laugh and laugh at each other's moves. It's so much fun. We all sing as loud as we can and dance without worrying about what we look like. Britton has some really funny, seductive-type moves that are just hilarious for a three year old. And whenever you ask him where he learned it he says, "from my daddy" which makes it even funnier. Haley has more of a wild, carefree style of dancing. She does whatever she can make her little body do. Her latest thing is trying to jump all around while rolling her arms like the "roll it and roll it" part of pat-a-cake. It's rather amusing. Britton's all time favorite dance song is "Whip it". He gets so excited when he hears it and says, "this is my song". Haley loves the theme song from the Gilmore Girls. Whenever she hears it, she stops whatever she is doing and starts bobbing her head and that gets us all going. Even though usually I can fast forward through the music, we still listen to it just to dance. And a lot of times, when it's over, she'll say, "again, again". And I just can't resist because we're all having so much fun.

No comments: