Photobucket

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

I love my kids!

My kids have both said and done the cutest things recently and I wanted to jot a few down so that I can remember.

*Today Haley showed me how she can jump from her dresser onto her bed. Then she said, "I'm not going to show dad. He'll say, 'Never do that again!' So, I'm only showing you. You won't get me in trouble, will you?" It just made me laugh. I have a feeling she'll be trying to coerce me into keeping her out of trouble many times in the future.

*Britton made a sign for his door with a picture of a girl and then a circle around it and crossed out for "No girls allowed". So today Haley drew a picture of a boy crossed out and then another boy that was just circled. She asked me to write "No boys except Britton". I love that she loves her brother so much.

*The other day as we were eating breakfast, Haley said that her doll wanted to say a prayer, so she folded her doll's arms and then said a prayer in her doll's voice. As she was saying it, Britton leaned over to me and whispered, "This is really cute." I love how enamored he is by his little sister.

*All weekend long we got to be around cousins. Britton is especially in love with his new niece and nephew, Emily and Jacob. He is so cute around them. (I'll write more about this later along with a few pictures.) After holding them one time, I made some comment about how cute they are and how much he loves them. And he said something along the lines of, "I just wish that babies never had to get hurt." He has such a tender, loving heart. It pains him to see them cry.

*The other day Haley said a prayer that just made me smile. Here is how it went, "Heavenly Father, I wish that my family could be good. I love them so much. I want to give them lots of good luck..."


*In another prayer recently, Haley said, "Bless Dad that he will have lots of yummy treats at work." I'm sure the Kammerman kids will find this particularly amusing since they always tease him about his treats.

*Whenever Haley is taking a nap, Britton comes in and gently touches her hair and says, "She's just so cute when she's asleep."

1 comment:

Aaron said...

I am so happy that our children have Britton and Haley for cousins. Thanks for the anecdotes--I loved to read them, and it reminded me of how grateful I am for our wonderful extended family.