Photobucket

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Up, up, and Away

After Moon Hill, we went on a balloon ride--our very favorite thing of our whole trip. It was incredible! I can't imagine a more beautiful place to fly over. Seriously, breathtaking. It was the first time any of us had ever been up in a balloon. I was actually a bit more nervous than I expected to be once we were in the air. I felt a little uneasy being so high up with my kids in nothing but a basket connected to a balloon. Luckily, the nerves went away quickly and I was able to relax and enjoy the view. We were up there for over an hour and covered a pretty good distance. We went along the prettiest part of the river, or so they say. Everywhere is pretty though.
The fire from the balloon was a lot hotter than I expected too. And it was loud. Haley was afraid of it so she crouched down in the bottom of the basket. Poor kid. She fell asleep at one point even. She did get to enjoy herself towards the end though.




Posted by Picasa

No comments: