Photobucket

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Yangshuo

I finally have a bit of time to blog about our trip to Yangshuo. We had so much fun and did so many really fun things, it will probably take me a while to document it all, but I really want to write about it all so I don't forget anything. It is one of my new favorite places in the world.
Our plane arrived in Guilin at 11:00 pm. After we picked up our luggage, there was a man with a big sign saying, "Mary" waiting for us to take us to Yangshuo. There were many other people from Clifford traveling there, so it was kind of funny seeing all the drivers with signs for all these people we know. Anyway, it was about a 2 hour taxi ride to our hotel. Luckily, everyone slept for most of the time. The last 15 minutes (which felt like an hour) was on a dirt road. It was really dark and it felt like we were out in the middle of nowhere. I was beginning to wonder what kind of a hotel we were going to be in. I had just picked something on the internet and I started getting a bit worried. But, when we arrived, the front desk people were there to greet us and carry our lugguage up for us. They were all so nice and helpful and told us just to go to bed and they would check us in in the morning. Haley and I both woke up very early (big surprise). When I saw the view, I knew I was going to love the place. There are gorgeous karst peaks jutting up everywhere along a river. It is so lush and green. It really is amazing. Haley looked out the window and said, "It's so beautiful". We decided to go take a little walk and let the boys sleep. It was kind of a foggy morning, so the pictures aren't the clearest.




Posted by Picasa

No comments: