Photobucket

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Back to "Normal" Life

After being away from my family for nearly 2 weeks, it's so good to be back and be settling into a normal routine again. Things have been so crazy the last 2 months for us. I'm actually really enjoying having just the everyday things to do like cooking, cleaning, and laundry. I know that probably sounds silly but it's nice to be able to slow down a bit.

I came home from Girl's Camp and Jason had bought a new van! The day before I left, the transmission in our other van went out and we broke down completely on the side of the road. Secretly, I was hoping that he would just take care of the situation while I was gone, but didn't really think that he would dare buy a new car without me being around. But, he did and I'm so glad that I could come home and not worry about being vehicle-less. He got an Isuzu Oasis which is the same thing as a Honda Odyssey since they are the same company.




Also, while I was gone, Jason finished our entertainment room. We bought a projector while we were in China and he finished putting speakers in the ceiling and he built a frame out of molding on the wall. I think it looks really good. He was busy while I was away!

2 comments:

Leanne said...

how fun to go to girls camp and come home to a new van and a theatre room how cool is that? How did you get roped into girls camp so soon? What fun times you are having in America!

Jilly said...

I wish I could go to girls camp!! lol. I'm now in primary.. *thinking back when you were there* Although I'm a sunbeam teacher.. and right now I'd have to say I'd rather be in the presidency..LOL. I love my sunbeams though.
Nice van!