Photobucket

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Things I'm Missing

Here are a few of the things that I am missing from China:


1. Students I got really attached to all my students, as usual. It's always hard for me to say goodbye.




2. Squatters
(I'm not really missing these because I don't like them, but I don't ever want to forget what a pain it was trying to use public toilets. Now that we are home, when we go to a public restroom, Haley checks all the stalls and then gets really excited and says, "There's no squatters!" She hated using the squatters and would usually just try to hold it or go outside somewhere.)
This picture is actually a really clean, nice one. They weren't all like that. Most are very dirty and stinky. This was at a very nice restaurant.


3. This View Everyday




4. Our Scooter (this was our mode of transportation for our family--so fun!)


5. Cheap Pedicures
Haley and I got manicures and pedicures a few hours before we left our last day there. Haley really loved being pampered and getting so much attention.


6. The Swimming Pool It was so nice being able to go swimming every day. Britton improved so much as a swimmer the last few months we were there.

7.
Friends from our Branch
The Staintons--some of our favorite people!



The Yeung's--our great hometeachers and friends. They helped us out so much and are the best!



8. The Kid's Friends It was so nice to have a lot of friends living in the same building. Britton and Haley always had someone to play with. This picture is of Kaitlyn, Britton, and Haley.


9. Our Wonderful Nanny, Cook, and Maid I almost cried when I saw these pictures. I really miss Aiee. Not just because I wish I had someone to cook and clean for me, but because we really loved her a lot. She was the greatest and made our time in China so nice. She loved and took care of my kids (and Jason and me) so well.




10. The Front Desk These friendly faces greeted us each time we came in or out of our apartment building. They helped us in so many ways with translations, ordering things, calling taxi's, etc.

2 comments:

Wendi said...

Oh man, what a great list. I can see why you would be missing all of those things!

Leanne said...

sad, but we're glad you are home!