Photobucket

Friday, September 05, 2008

Living My Dream

The other day, I was driving home from shopping with Anna and she turned to me and said, "What is your big dream in life?"
I immediately just said, "Umm, I don't know." And then I started thinking. I remember how in college it seemed like I always had such big dreams and plans for myself. And now, there isn't one big dream that I have. But it wasn't a disconcerting thought, it was actually reassuring because I realized that my big dream for life is what I am already doing. So I said, "I guess I'm living my dream." Being married to my best friend and raising our children IS my big dream in life. But, it's an on-going process, something that I will be working on for the rest of my life.
That doesn't mean that I don't have other things I want to accomplish though. I have a huge list of things I want to do or achieve in life. But, the big thing, the most important dream is already being realized. And that's a good feeling.

2 comments:

Desiree said...

That is a pretty cool thing to be able to say!

Rochelle said...

I feel exactly the same way:)