Photobucket

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Summer Update

I have so many pictures that I need to get off of my camera. This summer has already been so much fun. There have been quite a few unexpected things added to our schedule, but I'm happy to say that we have been able to be consistent with the things that I wanted to do each week. Sometimes Mountain Monday turns into Mountain Thursday, but that's okay. We still have been able to go hiking once a week and enjoy the beautiful mountains. And we've also been able to go swimming once a week or more. And I'm really amazed at how consistent we've been on doing school each morning. We've done it each day all summer. And it's so much fun for me.

At the beginning of the summer, we started doing outings with our kids on Saturdays. Jason will take one child and I will take the other one and we do something special to get some one-on-one time. It's been really fun. The first one, I took Haley to the dance concert that I already wrote about and Jason took Britton camping. The next week, I took Britton Nickelcade and Haley and Jason went to get ice cream. The one after that, I took Haley to a park and Jason took Britton to play basketball. Last Saturday was the 4th of July so we all played together all day. Anyway, it's been really fun. I'm used to getting alone time with Haley so that just feels like everyday, but it's really good for the kids to get to spend time with Jason by themselves. Sometimes, it's only an hour or less, but we try to make it feel like something special.

1 comment:

Desiree said...

We don't do "dates" as often as we'd like but kids always love the special time.