Photobucket

Sunday, February 19, 2006

How Do You Like Your Eggs?

Yesterday afternoon, Jason and I were just hanging out in the Family Room watching the Olympics and doing stuff on the computer. The kids were off playing and we were happy they were entertaining each other.
After a little while, Jason got up to help Britton in the bathroom and I heard him say, "What were you thinking? Just stay right there." It was obvious that he was more than a little upset about something which usually means the kids have made a mess. So, I ran in to see what the damage was. Haley was standing there with an empty carton of eggs and all of them smashed all over the kitchen floor. I honestly had to keep myself from not laughing because Jason was so upset and I didn't want him to also be upset with me. He kept asking "what were you thinking?" which to me was a pretty silly question to be asking a one year old. Even if she would respond, I'm sure he wouldn't be happy with her answer. What is a good answer to that question anyway? I'm pretty sure I know exactly what she was thinking--that it's pretty cool that eggs can smash like that and she's sure lucky no one is in the room to stop her before she gets to test every single one.
I tried to calm Jason down a bit and I calmly added that I doubt she was the only one to do it at which point Britton yelled from the bathroom, "I did it too". I love that kids don't know how to lie at this age. While Jason was trying to "reason" with our kids and discipline them and get answers from them, I just started cleaning it up. It really wasn't that bad, and I'm sure they had a blast doing it. The night before we were at my mom's and Britton was helping her cook. He accidentally dropped an egg and he said, "It cracked down and spilled all over!" He was amazed by it. I don't think he had ever seen an egg crack before. So, I'm sure when he came across a whole carton of eggs he was more than thrilled to be able to experiment with his new found knowledge.
My only regret is that the batteries in my camera were dead and I didn't get a picture of the whole thing.

No comments: