Photobucket

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Halloween

Dressing up, getting free candy, what's not to love?

Last night we participated in our first "Trunk or Treat". It was so much fun. There were a lot of cars that were decorated so well. I had to help with the Primary kids at the beginning so we didn't have any time to decorate our vehicle, so we just played scary music while Jason handed out the candy. But, I was really impressed with some others. There was one SUV that made the whole back into a little graveyard and they had dry ice and everything. It was pretty spooky. My favorites, though, were the ones that made their trunks into mouths. There was one with big spiky teeth, so it looked like a big mouth. There was another that wasn't quite as scary, but it was cool because they made a big tongue inside it too. It was pretty cool.

My neighbor, George, made all sorts of cute jack-o-lantern type things out of pumpkins and zucchinis, and other crazy-shaped squashes. He connected some together to make crazy hats on the pumpkin, etc. It was really cute. He's a big gardener, so it was perfect for him. This morning I was outside talking with another neighbor and he was driving around showing everyone that wasn't there last night his trunk. It was pretty cute how much fun he had.

My kids had a lot of fun dressing up, but they haven't quite gotten into the whole "getting a lot of candy" thing. Britton is really afraid of talking Halloween decorations, so after a few cars, he didn't even want to go around anymore. He didn't care if he didn't get any more candy. Haley went around with me to all the cars, but if anyone looked at her or talked to her, she'd hide behind me and not take any candy. It was pretty funny.

Britton dressed up as a white ninja and Haley was a dinosaur (Britton's costume from last year). They both were really cute. I dressed up as a witch and it was so much fun. I bought a really long gray haired wig. That was the best part of the costume. It really changed the way I looked. I like my hat too. It's a witches hat, but it's purple velvet with a black buckle on the front so it's a bit different than your typical one. Then I just wore a black dress (the one from my nun outfit) and a black cape. It was fun. Not too many adults dressed up, so that made it even more fun.

No comments: