Photobucket

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Impetigo

This past week Britton has had impetigo. It's an infection that is on his face. At it's worst, he had big sores all over his forehead, nose, and chin that were all oozy and shiny. He's been on antibiotics all week and we've applied a cream and he looks a million times better. It's amazing to me all the random infections and sicknesses kids seems to attract. It grosses me out when I really think about the way they are contracted. Impetigo isn't that gross since it's just a strep or staph infection that somehow gets under the skin. Since Britton picks his scabs, it's not too hard to picture how it got there. But, when Haley had Hand, Foot, and Mouth disease, I didn't really want to know how she got it. Some neighbor kids had it at the same time, so I kept telling myself that they got it first and gave it to her. I think that's actually true, but who really knows. I guess considering how many things kids lick or put in their mouth, it's amazing they're not sick all the time. Anyway, I still think it's pretty gross.

No comments: