Photobucket

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Leaves

Yesterday we raked and bagged up all the leaves in the front yard. Then mowed the lawn. It took about 2 hours, but it looks great now. We ended up with 9 full garbage sacks of leaves. And when we were all done, I looked up at the tree and you can't even tell that any leaves have fallen. There are so many still up there. I love having big trees, but the clean up in the fall is sure a lot of work. And we didn't even start in the back yard where the really big tree is.
This year I have been observing my neighbors and their methods of leaf clean up. The people across the street told us to put all the leaves on your garden area and it kills all the weeds and is good for the soil. So I think that's what we're going to do with the leaves in the backyard. I watched them and they pile theirs on a big tarp and drag it onto the garden area. That will be a lot easier than bagging it all up.

No comments: