Photobucket

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Weekly Random Question

I have this list of questions that I think is meant to be a party game or some kind of get-to-know you type thing. Anyway, I decide to just draw one randomly every so often and write about it so that I at least post something every week.

So, for this week, the question is...
What is one of the most unusual meals you ever ate?

The first thing that popped into my mind was Frog's Legs. While on my mission in France, the Elder's in Albi decided to make us Frog's Legs one week after District meeting. In France they sell frog's legs frozen in big bags like they sell chicken here. But, none of us had ever tried them before, so we thought it would be fun. I think what made it even more unusual was that they had no idea how to prepare them or what to serve with them. I think they made some sort of a breading and deep fried them which I'm pretty sure is not what the French do with them. And then we had mashed potatoes with them. My favorite part about them was that they actually look exactly like frog's legs (go figure). We kept hopping them around our plates and stuff as we ate. You have to eat like 6 or 8 of them since there's very little meat on each one. It was a fun meal, but definitely quite unusual.

No comments: