Photobucket

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Weekly Random Question

Okay it's been a really long time since I did my weekly random questions, so I should probably change it from "weekly" to "biannual" or something.

But, I'm going to try to do it more consistently.


So, here's the question for today:


Tell what you like about your mother.


I picked this one out of the box and almost put it back, not because I don't have anything to say, but because I have way too much to say and not enough time to write it all or even put it into words. There are so many things that I like about my mom, I wouldn't even know where to start. So, I'll just pick one attribute and write about that.

The thing that pops into my mind first is her generosity and willingness to give. She is constantly so willing and happy to help out all her kids and grandkids, both monetarily and with her time. There have been numerous times that she has been an answer to my prayers and probably doesn't even know it. She offers everything she has so willingly. And she does it so naturally. I could list all the things she has done for me and some that she has done for family and friends, but I'm sure that would completely embarrass her because that's not why she does it. And I'm sure there are hundreds, if not thousands, of generous things she's done that I'm not even aware of. She is such an example to me and I hope to follow her example. I love her very much.

1 comment:

Madame said...

Your mom is an amazing woman. She has been one of my heros for a long time. I have always admired her common sense/pragmatic approach to life and her generosity as well. I was the fortunate recipient of that generosity at a time when I needed it most and it made a world of difference in my life. Perhaps I should send her a thank you - hmm...