Photobucket

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

All Good Things Must Come to An End

I just got an email from my friend, Melanie, who is living in China right now. She said that she is no longer able to read any blogs on blogspot because the Chinese government banned them. (They regulate the internet). She has tried everything she can think of to get around it (i.e. RSS feeds, etc) and nothing has worked.
Anyway, I'm really sad about this news. I LOVE reading my friend's blogs and I also LOVE blogging. I was anticipating using that as my method of keeping in touch with everyone while I was in China. I even thought about starting a new blog just for our adventures over there. So, now I guess I need to start researching and figure out if there is something similar that will work over there.
In the meantime though, will everyone please send me their email addresses if you're someone that I don't email regularly, so that if I have to go back to the email updates as a means to keep in touch, I'll have everyone's addresses. My email is mary.kemp@gmail.com

3 comments:

Wendi said...

No way--Bummer!

la_sale_bete said...

Hey, my brother found a way for my sister to put blog posts up even though she's in China, so maybe he can explain how. Also, you could always send a weekly email to someone here and they could post it onto your blog (I was looking forward to reading your periodic dispatches from China!)

Jilly said...

Hey Mary! It's Jill. I just remembered about your blog... so I came on! that sucks about not being able to read and write in it while you're in China... but who knows, maybe they'll fix that. I also have a blog.. http://baggiores.blogspot.com/ =) AND my email is now jbaggiore@yahoo.com . . keep in touch! Ohoh.. we got this new dog named tai tai.. from china. The lady was there teaching for a year. I told her I knew someone who was about to do that... she said if you want ANY advice.. you are more than welcome to have it.. it was a very .. uh.. unique experience for her she said.. lol. :)