Photobucket

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Midnight Madness


Last night at midnight, Krystal and I went to Walmart to brave the crowds and buy the last (sniff! sniff!) Harry Potter book. It was crazy how many people were there! Haley and I went to Walmart about 9:00 and got wristbands so that we could get a book for sure and there was a party going on with people dressed up like different characters. Haley got a black cupcake that turned her mouth and hands all black. It was pretty funny. At 11:30, when Krystal and I arrived, the line was already wrapped around the store several times. I left Krystal in line while I did my grocery shopping. At 12:01, they started handing out books and everyone disappeared within about a half hour. It was amazing. We each bought a book, but, unfortunately, I don't get to just lock myself in a room and read for the next few days. I read the first few chapters before my kids got up this morning, but I'm afraid that's all the time I'll get for reading in the next few weeks. Luckily, I have a LONG plane ride coming up soon.

3 comments:

Wendi said...

I'm excited for the book too. We're not die-hards like you I guess. It's Saturday night and Brian's running to Walmart right now to see if they have any left. I don't know how crazy it is, but he thought he'd give it a try anyway. I'd be happy to come help you pack, or watch your kids if you need time to get stuff done. Let me know how I can help!

sunsetandcamden said...

I'm not really a die-hard either. I just had to drive Krystal (she's visiting us), so I figured I may as well buy a book while we were there. But, it ended up being quite fun and I'm glad that I did do it since it's the last book.
Thanks for the offer to help pack, etc. I'll let you know if I need it. Mostly, I just want to be able to play with you before I leave.

Wendi said...

I want to play with you too. Should we try to hit Chuck E Cheese on one of these Tuesdays?