Photobucket

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Randomness

*Yesterday Haley came into the room and said, "I want to dance with someone. And I want to hold a boy's hands." Since Britton was the only boy in the room, he got to be the lucky one. He was actually quite a good sport about it, dancing around with her while I attempted to sing the song from "Beauty and the Beast". They had a blast and Britton actually danced a lot longer than I would have ever guessed, spinning Haley around and even executing a few lifts.

*Haley has added some new phrases to her vocabulary--"That grosses me out!" and "Are you kidding me?" Both of them are so cute when she says them and it always brings a smile to my face.

*This morning Britton and Haley were playing with Haley's new princess make-up set. It's all just pretend make-up and jewelry, but then they decided to get into my make-up and Britton put it all over Haley. He used the mascara so her face was pretty much all black. He was so excited to announce how beautiful she was. It's hard to even care about it when they are having so much fun together. I really love to see them enjoying each other so much.

*I mopped the floor this morning for the first time since we've lived in China. It made me appreciate my Aiee even more. It's so nice that she does it everyday. What am I going to do when I get home?

*I thought this was hilarious, so I wanted to record it. The other night our power went out and I didn't know where the breakers were, so I called down to the front desk and they sent someone up. A man came and flipped the breakers on for us. A few minutes after he left, Haley wanted the power to go back off so the man could come back up. Then she said, "I want him to be my dad now." Britton started laughing and said, " But, he's Chinese" (apparently he's okay with having another dad as long as he's not Chinese???) Anyway, I told her that she still had a dad and that he would always be her dad. Then she looked at me and smiled and said, "Oh, thank you, mommy." It was really cute. She has been talking a lot about Jason since he's been gone. She knows he's just visiting Utah and he'll be coming back soon, but I guess it's still hard for her to be without her dad.

*Jon and Mijoung and Chloie are coming to visit on Feb. 29! They just bought their tickets. I am so excited. The kids are too. When we went out grocery shopping this morning, they started singing, "Jon and Mijoung are coming to China!" over and over again all the way to the bus stop.

*Haley has a friend coming over to play this afternoon. She has been so excited all day. She really doesn't have any friends here and we're finally making some for her. She had met Sarah on the playground here a few times, but a week ago they did a modeling job together, so we were able to swap phone numbers and actually arrange to play.
*Britton is tired of playing Xbox and computer games. I didn't think I would ever see the day. He BEGS his friends to just play with him instead of playing video games. It's kind of funny. Luckily, they always oblige and play with him instead of just leaving to play video games at home. I hope this phase lasts a really long time--like forever.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: