Photobucket

Saturday, June 06, 2009

Mountain Monday #1

For our first Mountain Monday, we stayed close to home and went to Rock Canyon. My niece, Mckenna was with us. She is staying with Grandma Kemp during the weeks for the next month. The kids had so much fun. They were in their own little world. They were pretending like they were in the Bridge to Terabithia and they were making up all these imaginary creatures and they named all the different places we went. There was Slot Canyon and Canopy Cove and others that I don't remember. They talked about trolls and dragons and hippogriffs and miniature fairies and all kinds of other things. They were planning it all out so that they could go home and write a book together. It was really fun being able to watch their imaginations run wild.









Just so you know, my kids dress themselves, I take no responsibility for their outfits. :) You've gotta love Britton in all camouflage (one of my pet peeves--mismatching camo). He was so funny. He kept running into the trees and then saying, "Can you see me? Can you see me?" I would pretend like I couldn't because of his camouflage. At two different times in our hike, we found caterpillars crawling on him. He was convinced it was because they thought he was a leaf or a tree.

Towards the end of the hike, Britton and Mckenna ran ahead and Haley tried to catch up to them and she tripped and fell. I had to carry her the rest of the way down as she cried and cried. She was crying so hard and saying, "I wish we didn't have any big kids with us that I always try to copy" and "I shoulda didn't run after them." and "I wish I wasn't medium sized". It was making me laugh even though she was crying so hard just because she was more sad about not being able to keep up with the big kids than about being hurt.

No comments: