Photobucket

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

What's going on with ME

I feel like I always write about my kids these days and hardly ever write what I'm doing or thinking about anymore. I guess that's because most of my time is spent doing and thinking about kid things. But, I do think about other things every so often. So, today I feel like writing about me.

*I'm running in a 10 mile race on Saturday morning. I'm both scared and excited. It's the farthest I've ever gone and I'm quite out of shape, but I have been loving running long distances lately so I actually think it will be quite fun. I'm not out to set any world records anyway, just finishing is victory for me. And I get to run with Desiree, so no matter what, it will be fun. We're signed up for a half marathon in August, so the fun is just beginning. :)

*I want to redecorate my house. I like a lot of things about it but I still feel like it's lacking some style or personality. So, I'm trying to figure out what to do. Of course, I can't wait until I can redo my kitchen and bathroom, but those are complete overhauls and it'll be several years before we can do that, so I'm trying to think of small (i.e. cheap) ways to add some character.

*I really want to have another baby soon. It's hard for me to realize (accept) that I don't get to control this. Even though I know that it will happen in the right time, it's hard not to over analyze all the "why's". I'm learning to trust.

*I just bought a sketch book a couple weeks ago that I'm going to fill up. I have no idea how to draw but I'm having fun trying.

*I'm trying to make some better habits in my day to day life and the way I spend my time. I'm finding that good habits take a lot more effort to form than bad habits. Not fair.

*I've been loving the gray skies and scattered rain that we've been getting. I know everyone is anxious for summer, but seriously, we have plenty of HOT still on it's way. I kind of like staying indoors and playing at home.

*I'm pretty sure that I have the greatest husband around. Today he and his coworker, Randy, were here eating lunch. Randy was telling me that he spends most of his day laughing and having a good time. And then he said, "well, you know how your husband is, I thoroughly enjoy spending time with him all day." And I have to say, I feel the same way. I'm one lucky girl.

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

I am really enjoying reading your blog.

sunsetandcamden said...

Thanks Jeanne!