Photobucket

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Christmas Gift Exchange

Instead of the usual drawing names among siblings at Christmas time, this year we decided to just bring stuff that we already have but don't use anymore and have a gift exchange. So over the past month or so, I've been decluttering and trying to gather together some items that we no longer want but that other people may want.
The gift exchange turned out to be a HUGE success. I think we're going to try to do it every year. We went away with a few clothing items, lots of books, a bunch of things for my kids, and a digital camera. A digital camera was one of the main things I wanted this year and my sister, Sheryl, had gotten one for free from a store for purchasing a certain amount. They already had a nicer one so they brought it for the exchange. My other digital camera is on it's last legs, so it was a very pleasant surprise. Other people got stuff they wanted (and needed) as well. It was so much fun, plus we all got rid of stuff too.

No comments: