Photobucket

Monday, December 18, 2006

Half Time Show

Saturday was our 6th anniversary. Jason and I spent the afternoon and night without kids (thanks to Jason's mom). We started off by going to the BYU/Utah State basketball game. I know, really romantic, but we love going to the games. BYU won by quite a bit so it was a fun game to watch. But, the best part of the game was the half time show--Jane's Golden Girls--my all time favorite. (See previous entry from February 11, 2006 to find out more about them). They added in a couple of new moves from last year that just had me rolling with laughter. Unfortunately Jason left to get food right when their performance started so I didn't have anyone to share my joy with. All the ladies (there's over 100 of them now) lined up and started their routine by doing "the robot". It was hilarious. Some of them were quite good at it too. Their outfits and dance were about like last year, including the finale of a solo by Jane herself who is now 90. Her solo always ends in the splits and then Cosmo comes out and carries her away. It's so entertaining and pretty much amazing. The old man in front of me turned around and said, "she's got 9 years on me and I can't do all that". And then I said, "she's got 60 years on me and I can't do it either". I guess I need to start practicing the splits so I can be like Jane one day.

No comments: