Photobucket

Monday, December 04, 2006

Dessert Temptations

The "not eating dessert" thing is going great, but it's not without its temptations. Saturday night we had our ward Christmas party. I sat by Julie and when dessert time came I just didn't go get any. She got a couple different desserts and then sat down by me to eat them. She kept saying how good they were and that I should try a bite, etc. After saying no a few different times, she finally said, "Are you on a diet?" So, I told her that I'm giving up desserts for a month. I didn't realize how unusual it is for people to refuse dessert because it seems like people just keep offering until I actually tell them what I'm doing. I just figured I could get away with not eating it without actually making a big deal out of it. Julie wasn't very happy about it since we always eat treats and stuff together. So, she said she's going to try to make me break it. That's fine by me. I like a little challenge anyway. So, then yesterday we were at her house for dinner and games. As we were playing games, she decided to make brownies just to be obnoxious because I love brownies. But, she didn't make just ordinary brownies, she made double fudge cheesecake brownies. And then she kept saying how offended she'd be if I didn't try one, etc. I still didn't budge though. Even Jason joined in at taunting me. Every bite he took he commented on how they were the best brownies he's ever eaten, etc. It was pretty funny actually. I'm sure glad that I have such supportive friends and family :)

1 comment:

Madame said...

As the old saying goes - With Friends like these, who needs enemies? :)