Photobucket

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Las Vegas Bowl

Last Wednesday night, we found out that one of Jason's friends still had some extra tickets to the BYU Bowl game in Las Vegas. So, we decided to go. We packed up our stuff, dropped the kid's off at the in-laws, and started to head south. At about 12:30 am we arrived at Jason's brother John's house in St. George. We stayed there for the night. In the morning we went to see the new house that they are building, then took off for Vegas.
The first thing we did when we arrived in Vegas was go on the New York, New York hotel roller coaster. It's one of my favorites and I haven't been on it in years. Then, we just wandered around on the strip. One of the highlights was watching a street artist make some paintings. He used only spray paint and some flat edged tools that looked like putty knives. It was amazing to watch him. He made beautiful sunsets and city pictures. I've never seen anything like it.
For lunch we met one of Jason's mission companions and his wife. It was my first time meeting them. We went to the Cheesecake Factory and I was so good about not eating dessert even though cheesecake is my favorite.
After that, it was time to head over for the game. It took us forever to get there because of traffic. We found a little back way into the stadium and parked on a dirt hill, so we got there just in time for the game to start.
It was such a good game and so much fun to be at. BYU dominated the whole game and about 75% of the crowd was cheering for BYU. Oregon didn't even score until the 4th quarter. The final score was 38 to 8. Our team looked so good and it was fun to be able to be at their final game of the year.
After the game, we drove straight home. Somewhere around Beaver we were both too tired to drive so we pulled over to sleep. After about an hour or so, I was too cold to sleep, so I just started driving. We made it to Jason's parent's house at about 4:30 am and just crashed. Our kids were super excited to see us when they woke up in the morning. (especially Britton who had refused to eat the entire time we were gone!--he said he couldn't eat unless I was there to watch him, I think he has some separation anxiety issues)
It was such a fun trip and I'm so glad that we decided spur of the moment to go. I wish I had pictures to share, but we left so quickly that we forgot our camera.

No comments: