Photobucket

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Recent Happenings

I have tried about 5 different times now to load pictures on my blog and it hasn't allowed me to. Very frustrating. I have had several blog entries floating around in my head the past several weeks that I haven't been able to post because I don't have time to load pictures. Then, when I finally have had some time, it wouldn't allow me to. Aaaargh.

I still have lots of pictures from our trip to Hong Kong, some of Haley just being cute, Britton's first soccer game, and various other things from our daily life. I don't really like doing blog entries without pictures, but I will for today and then hopefully whatever the problem is will somehow magically fix itself so that I can post pictures.

*Work is going well. Jason subbed for someone on my team two days this week, so that was really fun getting to work together. He taught a lot of the same kids that I teach and now he has a better idea of what I do all day and he can put faces to some of the kids I always tell stories about. When my co-worker got back on Thursday she said, "It was probably romantic being able to work with your husband the last two days." I don't think I would describe it as romantic, but it was really fun. He even stayed after he was done on Wednesday to help me with Girl's Sports. I think the girls really liked that.

*Britton got to be the "line leader" at school one day this week. His teacher told me about it when I picked him up and Britton just smiled. I think he has finally adjusted to the school routine. He is doing a lot better.

*Haley has such a good imagination. I catch her talking to herself or acting things out all the time. She has an imaginary friend that is a baby named Kayla. On numerous occasions when we step out of the elevator and the doors close, she has started crying, "Kayla is still on the alligator." (She calls the elevator the "alligator". I think it's so cute so I rarely correct her.) Anyway, so we have to call the elevator back and wait for Kayla to get off. There have also been days when Kayla is "lost" so we all have to search our whole house for her imaginary baby. She sure keeps things interesting.

*Today was Britton's first soccer game. He is on Team Italy. Jonas and Owen are also on his team. They had so much fun. I really like the league they are playing in. The fields are pretty small , but I think it's perfect for their age. They play two 20-minute games each Saturday. It will be a fun thing for the next couple of months.

*We are officially addicted to "The Office". I know everyone else in America has loved the show for years now, but we never started watching it. It's been fun to be able to watch the seasons all in a row without having to wait in between. We just finished Season 3 today, though, so now I don't know what we'll do. There were so many times that Jason and I laughed so hard we were crying. If you have any suggestions on good shows, let me know. The seasons are so cheap here and it's great being able to watch a whole season of something.

*We went swimming several times this week. I love that we are able to still swim in the middle of October. The weather is great now--not too hot, but still really nice.

*Thursday was Jason's birthday. We got to go out on a date by ourselves which doesn't happen very often these days. We ate at a Thai restaurant here that we really like. It was fun to just be able to eat and relax without worrying about how my kids are acting. Thanks Mel for babysitting!

1 comment:

Hilary said...

We discovered "The Office" in the middle of the 3rd season and love it! It was fun to go back and see all of the previous shows, but not so much fun to have to wait a week or more for each new show. I laugh so hard it makes me cry. "There are no disgruntled employees here, Jan, everyone is sufficiently . . .gruntled." You can watch the new episodes coming out now on NBC.com