Photobucket

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Tuesday Tell All--Can't Live Without It

Today we are supposed to write about something we can't live without. The first thing that popped into my mind was my Aiee. She is great. She cooks and cleans and watches the kids. I had all of last week off, so we gave her the week off too. We got home from Hong Kong Thursday night and the next few days we felt helpless without her. (Okay, maybe not helpless, but we would have appreciated having her around.) She is a really good cook and already we crave the things that she makes. There were several nights when we were tempted to call her to see if she would just come cook for us. It seems kind of pathetic, I know.
And I really appreciate the fact that she does all the laundry. In the few days that she had off, it seemed like I was doing laundry the entire time. We had all the laudry from our trip and then Haley wet the bed one night so we had all the sheets and blankets. Our dryer is so small and it takes a really long time to dry everything. So, I had to hang things out on the balcony and in our laundry room to start them drying while I waited for the dryer to be done with the other things. Anyway, I did get all the laundry done, folded, and put away, but it took the whole weekend. I was proud of myself for not leaving it for her to do Monday morning.
Boy, have I gotten lazy in just a few short months.

2 comments:

acte gratuit said...

Hi Mary,
I'm an old friend of Jason's. (I'm Karie Powell's little sister and I'm pretty sure I met you a long long time ago.)
Anyway, I found you through Chris Grover's blog and just wanted to tell you and Jason "hello"!
Also, you have really cute kids!

Desiree said...

Are you sure you guys aren't going to get addicted to life there like Mel and Shane?