Photobucket

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Thoughts of Home

I'm having a hard time being here right now. I've been getting ready for Halloween and thinking about things to do with my classes and with my kids. It makes me wish I was home. I have never really gotten that much into holidays, but there are still always certain things that we do. We take our kids to the Vineyard pumpkin patch and corn maze. We go to Gardener Village to see all the witches on display. And then there's all the other ward activities and neighborhood things. And I just love the fall weather. I love seeing the leaves change color and breathing the crisp air. I miss that. Plus, with Halloween coming, it also reminds me of the other upcoming holidays--Thanksgiving and Christmas. This is such a fun time of the year. And it's kind of making me sad that I'm in a country that doesn't celebrate any of these holidays. Of course, I can still do things with friends and family and I will. But, it's still not the same. It's not even the actual day itself that is fun, but the whole holiday season. There is just a feeling in the air from the end of October thru the end of December. There are so many parties and activities, so many reasons to get together with family and friends, so many opportunities to celebrate and rejoice. It's making me homesick just thinking about it.

2 comments:

Ker-Dog and the gang said...

When we were overseas the holidays were so hard for us. We went to the beach on Christmas...that was weird.
I too missed the seasons. Allow yourself to feel a little bummed and then celebrate in style :o)

Leanne said...

I know the feeling, the holiday season is definately a time when you want to be with family, it makes me so thankful for the gospel, and for the knowledge that we will be with our families forever. I'm sure it's not easy to be far from family, but this holiday will pass, and it'll make next holiday all that more special. How great you have such great friends out there with you. Your kids are so cute, have fun, and enjoy making new famiy traditions. I love being able to stay close through the blog.