Photobucket

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Britton's Prize


Britton finally finished his first reading chart so he earned $10. So, we went to the store today so he could pick out a prize.

And what would Britton pick out? The Extreme Bug Vac, of course!


He has had so much fun with it today finding bugs. He'll definitely be able to slurp up some great creatures with it. He and his cousin Mckenna already found a green shield bug and a baby earwig. Every time they find something they run in all excited and then we look it up on the internet. It's been a really fun day.

2 comments:

Leanne said...

ew ew ew, I am a horrible mom in that department, I wouldn't let my kids get that bug gun when they asked for it, luckily I was able to distract them with a power ranger toy, or transformer toy. I liked to read your post about what was on your mind, it's nice to know every mom goes through concern about how their kids will pan out, I tend to get carried away with the thought that everything they do reflects my parenting skills, I know that is wrong, I remember the first time a teacher called me to let me know my child was acting out in school, and I bawled the rest of the day devastated, I think I have grown up a little since then, sorry for the LONG comment, it's just nice to hear other's worries too.

Mel said...

So fun! Jonas got to pick a toy (with his modeling money) and he was torn between the bug vacuum and the bug habitat. We talked him into getting the bug habitat (he liked the vacuum better actually) so that he can stop keeping his bugs in all my containers and in our water bottles (did we tell you how shane drank one of his bugs one day?) He is going to be so excited to play with Brittons bug vacuum on Monday.