Photobucket

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

First Day of School

Yesterday was Britton's first day of First Grade. He did great! I could tell how nervous he was, so it made me even more proud that he did so well. There are a couple of kids from his Primary class in his class, so that is good.

When I picked Britton up after school, he wasn't much for chatting about the day, but he did say it was good and that his teacher is nice. Then he told me that he couldn't find his lunch in his backpack, so he "bought" lunch, but he only ate the cookie. So, he asked me if he could have a picnic on the grass right then to eat his lunch. I felt so bad. His lunch was the only thing in his backpack, but there are 3 different sections and he only checked 2 of them. I did tell him where it was, but I didn't make him practice getting it out or anything. Of course, he is too shy to ask his teacher for help. Poor kid. Then after eating a bit, he started dancing around. I asked him if he needed to go to the bathroom and he said yes. Then I found out that he didn't go all day at school. Or drink any water. So, hopefully today he'll be a bit more at ease. At least enough to drink and go to the bathroom. Jon and Mijoung brought him over a new backpack last night with an attachable lunch box, so he'll be able to find his lunch today. :)

After school, I told him he could decide what he wanted to do to celebrate his special day. He decided he wanted to go buy a Bionicle and a new dress for Haley. I thought it was so cute that he wanted Haley to get something to to celebrate. What a nice brother.




2 comments:

Leanne said...

how sad, don't you wish you could go with them the first day, and hold their hand?!:)

Jilly said...

Awwe thats so fun! School is fun! LOL .. it still amazes me how fast kids grow up!