Photobucket

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

I still am amazed by how much busier we are here than we ever were in China. And I worked full-time in China! It's just crazy how when you have family and friends nearby, there is always something to do--every second of the day. It's a good busy though.

So, here's a bit of what we have been up to this week.

Sunday--The Tanner's came with us to the cabin. It was so pretty up there and so much cooler than the valley. I love the mountains. And I love the Tanners. I'm trying to pretend that it wasn't the last time I will be hanging out with them for a while, but really, it was. (They leave on Monday to go back to China and part of me is having a really hard time that we are not going with them.)

Monday--We brought Jonas home with us from the cabin so that he could sleepover. He and Britton played all day long. Patricia and her kids came down to stay at my mom's for a few days, so we brought Hyrum over to sleepover too. The three boys really enjoyed each other and I "let" them stay up way too late.

Tuesday--We met up with Melanie at Thanksgiving point for "$2 dollar Tuesday" and quickly realized that the rest of the western U.S. was also there. It was CRAZY! There were moms and kids everywhere. The lines were outside, wrapping around the buildings at every attraction. We passed on the Dinosaur Museum and the Farm, but decided to brave the crowds at the gardens. We didn't last long, probably only an hour. It's just not worth it when there are people EVERYWHERE!

Wednesday--We went to Chuck E. Cheese with the Kammerman's and Mijoung and Chloie. It wasn't crowded at all and we stayed for quite a while. The kids had a blast. After that, I went to the Young Women's swimming party. Then, we went to the Olive Garden for Mckenna's 9th birthday then over to their house for cake and puppy-playing. (They have I think 6 puppies that are so cute!)

Thursday--that's today. We haven't gone anywhere not even the store or the park. It's been great. I need days like these every once in a while. (I won't mention that we've been watching a lot of TV and eating a lot of cookies all day because that just sounds bad.)

In other news...
*We've been Tivo-ing all the Olympics and LOVE watching them.

*Our business is almost official--Kemp Construction will be up and running in no time.

*I've managed to get an infection in my left eye now. I don't know if my eyes will ever be normal again.

*I finally got frames for the artwork I bought in China and I can't wait to get it hung on the wall. My house is almost complete!

*We are going to be having a Chinese girl live with us for a bit while she goes to BYU. I'm excited.

Well, I better get back to watching TV and eating cookies. :)

1 comment:

Cameron and Michelle said...

wow, lots happening, and you want to go back to china why?:) how was the volleyball tournament? that sounds like a blast! Kemp Construction? how cool, I didn't know you guys were doing that, hope it all goes well. This is Leanne sorry, I don't want to change accounts, cause I have to rewrite my comment.