Photobucket

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Other Weekend Fun

*Friday night, my mom and I went to see Julia & Julie. We both loved it! It was so fun just to get away and see a good movie with my mom. It's been so long since I've been to a movie and I don't think I've ever been to one alone with my mom. So, it was great.

*Saturday morning, Tessa and I planned our first "Sports Saturday". We are going to get together every Saturday at 8:30 to play sports at Cherry Hill Park. It was a blast. We played football and had so much fun.

*Saturday evening was BYU's (disappointing) first home game of the year. Even though the game didn't turn out the way I would have liked, it was still fun to be back at the stadium. We rode bikes there (which I love). It was good to see all the people who sit by us and just be part of such a big, excited crowd (well, we were all excited at the beginning, at least).

*Sunday Haley gave a talk at church. She was so excited about it. I never really know how she's going to react to things like that. Sometimes she is so shy and just refuses to even practice or do it. But, this time she was just excited. She drew a picture of President Monson all on her own that she wanted to use for the talk and got out her scriptures to find what she wanted to say. And then she did such a great job doing it.

*Sunday evening, I went around and did "Toot" Sunday. I am the personal progress leader in the young women and every couple of weeks I go around to all the girl's houses, "toot" my horn and they come out and sit in the car and tell me about the goals they have done, then they go in and call the next girl and tell her I'm coming so they are ready for the horn. Anyway, it's really fun for me to get some one-on-one time with each girl and see how they are doing. I always bring treats so that it's fun for the girls too. :)

No comments: