Photobucket

Thursday, September 03, 2009

Kindergarten

Haley started kindergarten a week ago. I had been pretty worried about it even though she was only excited because she tends to be a bit clingy to me and she's really shy. I really didn't know how she was going to be. At her assessment, she was great and went with the teacher and answered all the questions. She wasn't overly talkative, but she wasn't scared or clingy either. But, then at the open house where she got to meet her teacher, she would not let go of me. She hid behind me whenever anyone talked to her. This was the day before school, so I was a bit nervous.

But, on the actual first day, she did great. She was so excited. She walked right in, found her nametag, and sat down. She smiled and waved and blew kisses, but there were no tears or chasing after me or trying to make me stay. I was so relieved.

When I picked her up, she ran to me and told me how much fun she had and she even did a little happy dance. It was adorable. It's so comforting knowing that your kids are happy when they have to be away from you.

The second day of school she tried telling me she was sick which I thought was quite hilarious. I just laughed and we went to school anyway. And she did great with the drop off and loved school again. I'm so grateful to her teacher for making it a fun and interesting place to be. Everyday she has been great and she's already learning so much and making friends. I get to help out every Tuesday. I went this week and it was so fun just seeing her interact with everyone. I'm so proud of my big kindergarten girl!

First day pictures:







1 comment:

Rochelle said...

I totally agree! I hope the teachers know how much we worry about our kindergartners and that they take good care of them and we as parents are so thankful for them:)