Photobucket

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Gardening

Yesterday I went to my first gardening class. It got me really excited for planting. All we talked about was preparing the soil, but even now that part sounds fun now that I'm sure I know what I'm doing. He also talked about some different crops, but just briefly and he's going to go through each one individually and the different types that do the best here. I got really excited to have raspberries and strawberries and melons along with the tomatoes, corn, squash, etc.
He also talked about the benefits of having a garden and how it's really important to make it a family affair and teach your kids how to work, especially if they are young. They love helping and being outside. It's a fun way to do something worthwhile all together.
So, I'm already super excited to get started. It won't be for a while, but it's warm enough now and the snow has just about melted that we can still play outside and start planning out where we want everything.

No comments: