Photobucket

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Kids at Church

Why is it that kids always act their worst at church? The place where you would hope they would be on their best behavior.

Today we were about half an hour late and I was alone with my two kids because Jason threw up this morning. Fun. We walked in the back doors in the back of the gym and across the floor to the last row of folding chairs. Britton insisted on walking as loud as possible so that we couldn't be discreet. The last row was full, so we sat on the second to last row. I only had one pen and one notebook so Britton and Haley started out fighting over that. Finally I got them to take turns, then Haley had to go to the bathroom. While walking back in from the bathroom, one of Britton's shoes fell off, so he decided to sit down to take the other one off. I left him there to get his shoes while I carried Haley back to our seats. When I turned around, expecting to see Britton following us, instead I saw him in the back of the gym spinning around. I walked back there calmly and he started running, trying to get onto the stage. I carried him back to our seats and held him because I didn't dare let him go. With about 5 minutes left of Sacrament Meeting, he started saying how hungry he was and how he wanted to go home to eat. Of course he didn't say it in a whisper or anything. Instead everyone around us could hear him. And then he started saying things like, "Mom, you never let me eat. I'm soooo hungry. Why don't you ever give me food?" and other over-dramatic things like that. Luckily most people around us know us quite well and know that I'm not starving my children. Most of them just started laughing. Then, the closing hymn started so I was trying to just sing and ignore him. So, he started singing along with the tune of the hymn, but he sang, "I'm so hungry, I want to go home". That one even got me laughing along with everyone else around us. Needless to say, I was very glad when sacrament meeting was over and I could just take them to their classes. I don't even want to begin to relate how hard it was to get them both to go to class though. After about 30 minutes going back and forth from nursery to Primary, I finally got to go into my Sunday school class.

I hate going to church without Jason.

No comments: