Photobucket

Friday, September 21, 2007

Another Game of Tag

I copied this meme from Wendi's blog. It was fun to think back to what I was doing. And I tag anyone who wants to do it.

1.) What I was doing ten years ago: September 1997, Provo, UT--I had been in the MTC for about a month with about a month to go. I loved the MTC. It was a time of so much learning. I just soaked everything in.

2.) Five years ago: September 2002, Orem, UT--We had just bought our house and were just getting settled. Britton was 5 months old. Jason had just passed his Private Pilot exams. I was a stay-at-home mom and I can't remember what job Jason had, but I think it was doing siding. I also just started babysitting Davis once or twice a week.

3) One year ago: September 2006, Orem, UT--I just started teaching preschool for Britton and Michael. It was so much fun be able to teach them and play with them and plan field trips. A lot of the things we did revolved around our preschool themes. I was still serving in the Primary and loving it, probably just starting to write the program for the year. Britton started his soccer league with Jason as his coach and Michael was on his team. I was tutoring a lot and playing a lot and just loving life. The BYU football season had just started and we got to go to all the home games.

4.) Yesterday: September 20, 2007, Clifford Estates, China--(This is much more detailed than probably anyone would want to know, but I'm writing it for myself so I can remember what an ordinary, average day is like) I got up at 5:45 not so much because I had things to do, but because it's habit. I checked my email, read my scriptures, took a shower, got dressed. At 7:00, I woke Britton up and got him breakfast (French toast, as usual) and ready for school. 8:00 I was out the door and off to school. I rode my bike for the first time in a long time because we finally got a seat for the back of it for Britton. I taught 3 class periods in the morning before lunch. The first two ( we7A and 7B) were in the computer lab because they are working on projects. In the one (7C) right before lunch, we played Jeopardy. They loved it! They were so attentive the whole time. When I got home, lunch was ready and waiting for me. So nice. I love that. After hanging out with the fam for a bit, I had to head back up to school. I had two more classes. In the first one (8A), they worked on projects. They are writing children's books about insects--some of them are very good. They had to research an insect and then make up a story about it based on facts about the insect. In my last class (8B) of the day, we picked insects for their projects and then played insect pictionary to help them learn all the insect names in English. It was so much fun and they really got into it. After school I had a meeting with the Chinese science teachers to try to coordinate our curriculum. It was the first time I've met them so that was good. I had to have my TA translate the whole time because they don't speak English. After school, Jason took Britton to a modeling agency for a commercial that he's going to be in with Jonas. So, Haley and I took the bus and went out to dinner. We tried a place called "Andrew's Cafe and Bakery". It was good and they spoke English (always a plus in my book!) We walked around the shops a bit afterwards and I bought some pictures for my livingroom. I'm so excited. I've been wanting to personalize my house a bit so it doesn't feel so much like a hotel. I'll post some pictures later after we hang them. When we got home, the boys still weren't back, so I took Haley for a bike ride. It was dark and the moon was out and it was a bit windy. It was so much fun. So relaxing to just ride together and let the wind blow our hair. When Jason got home, I ran to the gym for the last half hour before it closed. After that, I just caught up on some school stuff and then watched Heroes. We bought Season One here and I'm only a few episodes into it. I'm liking it a lot, but it's much more gorey and dark than I expected.

5.) 5 snacks I enjoy: These are the snacks that I like that I can get in China: Dove dark chocolate bars, Pringles, Kinder Bueno candy bars, chocolate chip cookies, vegetable cracker stick things.

6.) 5 Things I would do if I suddenly had $100 million: pay my tithing, pay off my house, invest most of it, buy Jason a van so he'll stop bugging me about getting one here, buy plane tickets for my friends and family to come visit me

7.) 5 locations I would like to run away to: Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, Bali, New Zealand

8.) 5 bad habits I have: procrastinating, making a mess when I eat, wasting time, eating too much, eating too many treats

9.) 5 things I like doing: jogging, playing games, traveling, watching football, writing

10.) 5 TV shows I like: Gilmore Girls, 24, Friends, Lost, Heroes

11.) 5 things I hate doing: fighting, folding laundry, going to unneccessary meetings, making phone calls, being late

12.) 5 Biggest joys of the moment: teaching Haley--she's so interested in learning things right now (letters, math, etc), riding or walking home with Britton everyday, Dove chocolate, the nice weather (it just started cooling off here and it is perfect weather), planning our vacation in a week and a half.

1 comment:

Wendi said...

Got that one! It was fun to read, thanks!