Photobucket

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Tuesday Tell All

One of Wendi's friends started doing a "Tell All Tuesday" on her blog so I thought I'd join in.

For this week, we are supposed to write about all the places we have lived.

For the first 5 years of my life, I lived in what we now refer to as "The Provo House". It's the cute little house across the street from Kiwanis Park. I don't have a lot of memories from that time period, but the ones I have are good ones--our patchwork carpet in the back room, the secret hideout from the floor of the backroom pulling up, walking to Wasatch Elementary to watch movies in the summer, taking dance lessons around the block, starting elementary school, the Bookmobile, our strawberry patch and raspberry bushes in the backyard, and so many more. It was a fun place to start out my life.

From age 5 to age 18, I lived in Kearns. That is where I grew up. I don't even want to begin to record any memories because there are so many. But, I loved growing up where I did. I have so many friends still from those days. My best friends. I'm glad that my sister still owns the house we lived in because it's fun to visit and see old faces and relive some of the memories.

From 18-21 I lived in Stratford Court #302. Ahhh, the memories. Over the course of 3 years, I had the best roommates anyone could ever ask for. They are still my lifelong friends. Living in the condo was one of the funnest times of my life. There was always something fun going on and an adventure to be had.

When I turned 21 I went on a mission to Marseilles, France. I lived in Marseilles for 5 months, Albi for 5 months, and Aix-en-Provence for 6 months. I can't even begin to describe my feelings for these 3 cities. They are so much a part of me and who I am. I know the streets inside and out, probably better than anywhere else in the world. I discovered myself while serving in these three cities and there's a part of my heart that will always belong there.

Provo House Take 2--After my mission, I lived with my old roommates in the Provo House. It was fun living in a house instead of back at the condo--it felt more mature or something. But, it was nice to still have my great roommates. And we still did just as many fun things.

Provo House Take 3--I think I really like the Provo House! On December 16, 2000, I got married. My roommates moved out (well, at least some of them--Melissa stayed with us for a few weeks after we were married) and Jason moved in. I am so glad that I got to start out my married life in the same house that I started my life in. It was such a great place to live. Jason could play volleyball everyday at the park and it was so close to school for me. All of our friends were already used to hanging out there, so it was perfect.

In August 2002, we bought our house in Orem. We both fell in love with it the minute we walked through it. The neighborhood is so great and we have made so many friends. We love our big yard and how close we are to my parents. We will probably have that house forever.

In August 2007, we moved to Clifford Estates in Panyu, Guangzhou, China and that is where we are currently. This was a HUGE move for us since we've both lived in Utah our whole lives except for time spent on missions. It's only been a month, but already we're adjusting to life here and loving it. It has already been such a good thing for our family. I am so glad that we decided to get out of our comfort zone and shake things up a bit.

1 comment:

Wendi said...

Hey fun! Thanks for playing along! I don't know if you get my comments or not. I read your blog faithfully though and miss you. I'm glad you're having such a great time in China!