Photobucket

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Bribing the Children

Saturday I went shopping with Mel and Shane and I went crazy buying toys. It felt like Christmas. I just couldn't resist because everything was so cheap. They have these knock-off lego sets and bionicles. Since those are Britton's favorites, I stocked up. I also bought some stickers and when I got home I made charts for my kids to earn their toys. They have both been having a hard time obeying, so they got a sticker every time they obeyed the first time they were asked to do something. It worked like a charm for the first hour or so until Britton started manipulating the system and purposely doing bad things so that we would ask him to stop so he could be obedient. What a clever little kid. We had to modify the rules a bit, but their behavior has still improved quite a bit. And by yesterday, they had both earned their first toy. Britton picked a Spiderman bionicle and Haley picked a big Disney princess padded floor puzzle. (Both things probably cost about $2 each, but we won't tell them that)

No comments: