Photobucket

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Celebrating





Last night we went out to celebrate the last night before we start teaching. We went to Guangzhou to a really big mall. First, we went to McDonald's for dinner, then we went up to the top floor to this amusement park/arcade. We went on the log ride, the bumper cars, the carousel, Indiana Jones, and then played a few games. We ended the evening with a trip to Starbucks and Dairy Queen for chocolate frappacinos and ice cream.

The log ride was my favorite. It goes up out of the top of the mall so you are outside for most of the ride. It's fun to see the night lights outside. They make you wear ponchos so that you don't get all wet, but I still got pretty drenched on my pant legs and feet. Haley didn't know what to think of it, but she wasn't too scared of it. Britton loved it!

About an hour into the evening, Haley had to go to the bathroom. When I took her, she refused to use the squatter toilets. She said that she'd just hold it all night. About every hour, I would take her back into the bathroom. She would look at the squatter toilets and then say nevermind. Right before we left, she decided she couldn't hold it any longer and I took her outside to go in the street. (A lot of people do that here). She went, but I still can't figure out how that was a better alternative to going on a squatter toilet. I don't like the squatters either, but it's probably a little bit easier than going outside. I'll get a picture of a squatter toilet next time I'm in a public restroom.

1 comment:

Wendi said...

That's a step up from our Chuck E. Cheese day, isn't it?