Photobucket

Monday, August 06, 2007

Our Fears

Saturday night, Jason and I were talking about what we were going to fast for on Fast Sunday. We were talking about how Melanie would be hiring our nanny and cook this week and that we should fast and pray that she can find someone who will be good for our family, especially for our kids. Then we were discussing that we needed to also pray that we will get everything taken care of here and have a safe journey to China. That we will be able to arrive without any problems.
I think Haley overheard the last part of our discussion because later on in the evening, she said, "We need to get to China safely. I will be very sad if I fall out of the airplane." It was so cute. Then she said, "Will you hold me the whole time?"
I forget that there might be things that our kids are getting nervous for too. And even if their fears are things that we think are a little silly, it's good for us to talk about it to help them have a good trip over there. If I really think about it, all fears are probably a little silly and very unlikely to actually happen.

3 comments:

Wendi said...

Oh, cute Haley! It's true that it's good to talk about everything with them. It's fun to try and figure out what's going on in their cute little heads.

Aaron said...

I cried as I read this. I will miss you guys.

sunsetandcamden said...

Aaron,
Your comment made me cry. We're going to miss guys so much.