Photobucket

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

April Give It Up

This month for my Give It Up Challenge, I decided to give up unnecessary spending. This encompasses so many things for me that I think it will be really hard but also really good for me. It's not just shopping, but eating out, and also all those little treats and dollar toys that I end up buying for myself and my kids. Basically, I have to think about every single purchase and ask myself if I really need it. I've never thought of myself as a big shopper or big spender, but I still think this is going to be really difficult. It'll be hard on my kids too, but good for them, they have become quite spoiled. Yesterday I was already tempted to stop by the store to get some treats and drinks to take to the park while we watched Jason play volleyball. I had almost even convinced myself that it was even a need, but then I refrained. I'm already almost blowing it and it's only the first few days. But, after overcoming that moment of weakness, I am even more determined to accomplish this and not make any excuses. Suprisingly, Britton is kind of excited about it too. I told him about it a few days ago. Yesterday, while we were driving, he saw McDonald's and asked if we could go there. I said no, but then I decided to remind him why. I said, "Remember, I'm not going to spend any money for a month." He was completely satisfied by that and stopped asking to go. Later in the evening he told me that he wasn't going to spend any money for 3 months. How cute.

No comments: